When using firmware V4.2/042 or higher a new ActiveX control is bundled with the camera firmware. This control was built with the new Vicon security certificate.
If the host computer does not have current root certificates the system must lookup the base GoDaddy root certificates. If the computer is not attached to the internet the cert lookup will fail and the ActiveX control will not load.
You can check to see if the GoDaddy certificate is loaded by certification panel:
- Click Start > Start Search, type mmc, and then press ENTER.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Under Available snap-ins, click Certificates, then click Add.
- Under This snap-in will always manage certificates for, click Computer account, and then click Next.
- Click Local computer, then click Finish.
- In the console tree, double-click Certificates and expand the display to get to the trusted root Certification Authorities.
If the two GoDaddy certificates are not there, please double click on the .pfx file that I have linked to this message. Please accept the default prompts and use the password "system" to open the certificate store. Accept all the default parameters as you step through the wizard. This procedure will load the two certificates.